View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 PM
WSI Personality

Default The Future

Nobody knows what the future holds but as long as the White Sox are 10th in total revenue in MLB they're not moving anywhere. They would never get the TV money they're getting now anywhere else. Their deal with Comcast expires after the 2016 season and I wouldn't be surprised to see their TV money greatly increased. The White Sox TV ratings are higher than the Cubs TV ratings. That being said I would think they would get more TV money in the future. To the best of my knowledge the White Sox Stadium deal at the Cell runs through the 2026 season. There's no way the State of Illinois would ever let them out of that deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see the State or some other government agency build them another stadium somewhere in the Chicago land area once this lease expires. The attendance issues of 1969, 1975, 1980 and 1988 are not comparable to the attendance issues of 2012. If the White Sox had drawn in 1969, 1975, and those other years what they are drawing now either the Allyn or Veeck families would still be owning the White Sox. Last but not least if anybody actually believes the White Sox are not making money here, they're definitely misreading the situation.

Last edited by Golden Sox; 09-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.