View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post

Yeah, but the team wasn't built to win this year anyway, remember? I don't really see a common thread between this team and the past teams. It would be nice to have had Sale and Quintana built up to throw 200+ innings, but at least they are on their way now. We basically saw two young studs establish themselves in a major league rotation, and hints that Santiago might be ready to join them, along with a boatload of rookies in the bullpen, in a season where the Sox were expected to win 80 games at best.

Sure it sucked to watch them blow it over the last two weeks, but I'm not complaining. You could see it coming a mile away considering Sale and Quintana's workload history. It looks like we've got a lot good young arms going forward who got a lot of valuable experience this year.
I think the Sox do a very good job of developing pitchers. It's the lineup that is a problem on a yearly basis. They don't make enough contact, they are not athletic, nor do they get on base. As a result, they are decent offensively, but not dynamic enough to win. Let's see what they can do with some money coming off the books.