View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Seaver won 31 games in his two full years with the Sox and had an ERA of 3.17 in 1985. Hardly a bust in my opinion. Would love to have that on the staff today.

Carlton was only around for a third of a season but he also had good numbers, 10 starts, 63 innings, 40 strikeouts, 3.69 ERA. He was finished to be sure but he didn't embarrass himself or the Sox for taking a shot with him.

Moose hit .293 in 74 games in 1964. In 1965 he made the All Star team hitting .274, 18 home runs, 78 RBI's. After that he began to fall off but part of that was because Eddie Stanky (for some reason) wasn't playing him as much. In early 67 some of the other vets on the club Peters, Horlen, Ward told Moose he should go see Stanky and explain that they wanted him in the starting lineup because of what he could do.

Moose did so. Stanky told him he makes out the starting lineup and traded Moose the next day.
I don't think Bill Skowron could field anymore and he deff wasn't the same player the Yankees had. But he was the Whitesox best option and I gotta give credit to Al Lopez for playing him because unless theres something I don't know theres no way McCraw shoulda been playing over Skowron in 1966.