View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day. It's going to be really interesting to see what happens next year. I've used that Green Line station almost exclusively since 2004. It is not sized to accommodate the same type of crowds as the Red Line station is. I know how bad the Red Line is after a game with a big crowd, and that's when they have all of the turnstyles open and the express lanes with the handheld card scanners on the right side. That Green Line station only has three or four turnstyles, and the platform isn't as wide. That has potential to get ugly if the CTA doesn't have their **** together.
Yeah, it is something to worry about, we'll see how the city handles it, but hopefully congestion will be alleviated a bit by having 2 lines running on the South Side Elevated; Red and Green Line trains will operate on the present-day Red Line so there will be 2x as many arrivals at 35th-Bronzeville-IIT.

If not, it's just a small, minor inconvenience to have to deal with to have the Dan Ryan leg of the Red Line completely rebuilt and fixed in just a few months as opposed to dragging on construction over several years. It's really not a big deal.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know