View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Unless your goal is to win games. Look at the games that were decided by Beckham's successes and failures on both offense and defense and look at where Dunn's successes and failures on both offense and defense. Beckham was far from being the team's MVP, but he contributed more to the team's success than Dunn did.
This is just anecdotal drivel. I challenge you to find 1 stat that says Beckham is a more valuable player than Dunn.

I find Beckham more frustrating than Dunn. If you're going to be a really bad hitter, you better do the little things ie. moving runners over, be a good base runner. Beckham does neither of these. He's a plus 2nd baseman. That's great. Plus second baseman are called failed short stops.

I'm not a big fan of Dunn, but there's absolutely no way he brings less value than a guy who probably shouldn't even be an every day player. At the end of the day, 41 home runs and 105 walks don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).