View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
You are probably right. The Giants certainly were a team that embraced integration. The version I have always heard is part Dodgers-fan party line. My father grew up a big Dodgers fan in New Jersey, and I gave him a copy of the Jackie Robinson autobiography for Chriistmas the year it came out, about the time of his death, but I don't remember anything contradicting his wife's story about bleeding Dodger Blue and hating the Giants, which, frankly, wasn't what I initially believed until my father shared with me his Jackie Robinson mythology.
I'm looking forward to the new movie with Harrison Ford although after viewing the trailer I have my doubts on it. I wish Hollywood wouldn't make movies about players like Ruth, Cobb and hopefully not the Jackie Robinson (42) movie so one sided. I'm curious on which players they will call out for being racist and the whole PeeWee Reese hug never happened but I guarantee they will have that in the movie. I think the movie will end up being a recruitment type of movie to try and get younger African Americans involved in baseball again.