Thread: Holiday sale
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
This is what gets me mad. These were all giveaways that were provided to the Sox by a sponsor for free and the Sox are turning around and selling them. I guarantee that there were fans who went to those games and did not get the giveaway because they were "out" but now they mysteriously appear at the sale. How about just giving out the "extra" kids chest protector backpacks to the kids at the next game? It would make a kid extremely happy to get a giveaway when they were not expecting it. Instead, the Sox just want to make a buck.
The sponsor provides the amount that was given out at the game. The Sox buy some for themselves, I would think that a 20k giveaway, the Sox buy at least another 10k if not 20k. They send out all the promotions to season ticket holders at the end of the season too. This is also for charity, not the Sox, so we aren't padding the wallets of Jerry and Co.

The Sox are awful at running promos. Why give away stuff at games that people are gonna go to anyways? Which is why you run the promo, to get people at the game.

This sale was awful compared to the one in the summer. They jacked the prices from the summer sale, and the selection was pretty bad. I collect bobbles much like everyone, was hoping to see some Peavy ones.