View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canOcorn View Post
I wish the Cubs would have signed him, but it's a massive overpay because he was arguably the 2nd best pitcher on the market. Ilitch doesn't give a damn how me he spends right now and Greinke set the market, even though that was a massive overpay. Floyd should be looking good to everyone else right now since he's only owed money 1 more year, didn't pitch in a monster ballpark (old park included) and in the NL.

I understand that owners are raking in the cash with the new revenue streams (and new TV deals), but $16M a year to Anibal freaking Sanchez is absurd.
When Zack Greinke gets $25M/year, I don't think Sanchez at $16M per is that absurd. And perhaps neither of them are considering multibillion TV deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
As an observer of his when he came to the Tigers I can tell you the comes across as a bulldog.

3 of his first 4 starts with the Tigers were bad. They skipped a start and he settled down. Lights out in the playoffs. I'm happy with it. I don't think it'll be a bad contract. in 5 years $16 million will be like $9 million today.
He's a good pitcher and I like him... when he's healthy. He's been durable the last few seasons, but we'll see if he can hold that up for 5 seasons. Of that I remain skeptical. That's where the risk is here.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.