View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
This really pisses me off, I figured AJ was going to get PAID this offseason and it would have made sense for the Sox to let him walk. The idea of giving a mid-30s catcher with the kind of miles AJ has on the odometer a fat 3-year deal didn't appeal to me so if that's what he got, I would have been OK with this. But 1-year, $7 M? The Sox couldn't have figured out a way too come up with that? What a crock of ****.

Thanks for the memories, Anthony John. Sorry our front office apparently lowballed you. You deserved better.
Absolutely agree. Sure, Pierzynski is a sentimental favorite, but he was also a hell of a ballplayer with his savvy and hustle. I don't get how the Sox couldn't make a one-year deal attractive enough to get Pierzynski to stay.

Hahn obviously wants Flowers in that slot so he must think that a higher caught-stealing percentage trumps everything else. A.J. had everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Rangers only visit Sox once next year Aug 23-25. Fans will have to wait a while for an AJ reunion at the Cell!
We've got tickets to the August 24 game. He'll get a nice round of applause from me. Thanks for the good times, A.J.