Thread: New BP Caps
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome25 View Post
I've been a BIG fan of the BP caps since they started with the stretch fit material back in 2003. They tend to fit my enormous noggin alot better than the authentic 5950 collection.

I have to say that I LOVE these new designs. The last couple BP designs have been God-awful with the ear fenders and then the misplaced piping on the bills and backs of the caps.

But these are simply fantastic. I love the retro designs with the contrasting crowns on a lot of them and the use of some of the alternate logos (Mr Met, Mr Redleg, and the A's elephant in particular). The caps themselves are more traditional and conservative which is a step in the right direction.

It's hard to tell from the pics but I hope they still use the stretch fit material. The crowns look a little bigger and the bills look flatter. I sure hope that doesn't mean they're going to be like the tall "mushroom style" of the authentic 5950s.

I'm also really happy that the Sox are going back to the silver bill and button.
I agree. If they maintain the 39Thirty material these should rock. I don't think the flat renderings shown on the website really display the form of the cap.

Most of the new caps are an improvement, however I wish Toronto would have maintained the modernized Blue Jay head with a red bill. I might go out and get one of their current BP caps before they disappear.