View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Not only is he a better player than Rios and more reliable, he makes less money, and he can play every position.
Just curious, would you say this statement with the same confidence if you could 100% know for sure that Rios would replicate his 2012 season every year? I realize you are using Alex's up and down career to argue on behalf of Zobrist and it is indeed a legit point. I'd give the edge to Rios as the better player if we are talking about the 2012 version. Rios is a legit 5 tool guy when he is "right". However, Zobrist probably does provide more value to a team considering the amount of positions he plays and his lower salary. Assuming 2012 was the real Alex Rios, I still think he would probably the best position player on the White Sox even if Zobrist were here.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin