View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I don't know, Ritchie really sucked but at least he didn't cost the Sox anything. Kip Wells, Josh Fogg, and Sean Lowe all had pretty forgettable post-Sox careers. Wells has had the most success putting up a total 1.1 career WAR since the deal spread out over 9 journeyman seasons.

Swisher, Part I cost the Sox Gio who is probably the only guy Williams dealt in his tenure that you can get Sox fans to universally agree we would like to have back. Swisher, Part II netted the Sox absolutely nothing for a guy who put up a .268/.367/.483 slash line over the last 4 years in New York. Adding insult to injury was the fact that in the off-season between 2008 and 2009, the Sox were also dangling Jermaine Dye and supposedly had a deal with the Reds in place before opting to sell low on Nick.
Kip Wells was actually pretty good his first 2 years in Pittsburgh, and then of course fell off drastically. In keeping with my excellent record as a talent evaluator I predicted stardom for Wells. I was mad when the Ritchie trade was made, even before Ritchie had that unbelievably horrendous year.