View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
I always wondered why they trotted Tommy McCraw out there to first base so much. This guy would have been a below average hitter at second base, surely they could have at least found a half way decent hitting first basemen. Was this guy Keith Hernandez times ten with the glove or what?

Seems like Ward, Agee, and Berry were all guys that were expected to hit, but they just didn't come through in '67 for whatever reasons. Colavito was brought in to help and flopped as well, but McCraw didn't seem like a guy even expected to be a decent hitter based on the fact he had already established that he wasn't much of a hitter by '67.
Yeah my uncle's favorite player was Rocky Colavito, had pretty good stats, one of those near hall of famers they talk about like a Vada Pinson or Tommy John. My uncle might be the only kid in america that saved his original ceramic bobblehead collection and still has them in mint condition. He Had Mantle, Mays, the Braves, Sox,Colavito Indians, Whitey Ford on and on. Those things are worth a bit now.

Last edited by mahagga73; 01-06-2013 at 08:55 PM.