View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
This is wrong from both ends. They've definitely outspent and outperformed the Royals, and they'll NEVER have the kind of money that the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers have. Never. So, to expect them to run a team the way they do is just silly.
We all tend to exagerate things but alienation of the fans by JR and company has kept the Sox from being like the Yankees, Dodgers or Red Sox. In a huge market like Chicago why are we not like them. Do you have a better answer?
I don't know how you feel but it bothers me to no end that a team that lost 100 games outdrew us by almost a million fans while we were in the race all year. It hurts even more because when I was growing up Chicago was a Sox town. I will give some credit to ownership in lowering ticket and parking prices for this coming season, lets hope it helps. I don't know how long it will take to make it a Sox town and a big market team but horrible moves like the original Sportsvision, letting Harry Caray go, the horrible upper deck, the White Flag trade and Dynamic pricing are things that will take some time in the fans minds to overcome.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 01-10-2013 at 07:03 AM.