View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

I was among the most critical of Comiskey II, and I generally like the newer retro parks. That being said, I don't think the Cell sucks. In fact I like it, am comfortable enough in it, and look forward to my next visit this year. Chicago traffic, always bad has become that much worse since I left the area. Still, is it that difficult to get to the cell? I get it that Chicagoland has spread far and wide. Once upon a time I lived in the far western suburbs and it was quite a haul then. Is it that much harder to get to our park compared to Wrigley? Come on. As for "the area sucks", was it that much better when the park was in the shadow of some of the most forbidding housing projects in the country? Yes, it's not cool and hip like Wrigleyville, but Bridgeport, Chinatown and Armour Square where the park is located, provide some options to eat and drink before and after the game. I love baseball but the last time I was at Wrigley was in 1999, and unless someone wants to comp me I have no plans to go back anytime soon.

LN I agree with you more often than not, but I don't think the Addison option was a good one, and I'm more than happy it did not come to pass. I would have favored the south loop proposal first. In any case, the team has made some good offseason moves with ticket pricing and I hope the fans respond in kind, regardless of where the team is in the standings. Like you LN, I remember when Chicago was really a Sox town.