View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
Whatever they were taking baseball didn't have a policy enforced and McGwire got caught with andro in his locker which was sold at GNC stores. I'll admit these guys deff were taking some high powered stuff but again baseball should have done something about steroids when football clamped down in the late 80's.
McGwire has admitted to taking steroids. And again, you keep glossing over the fact that it is illegal. Baseball may not have had a policy in place, but the federal government did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
With Raines it's a moral issue and I think he should be in but taking cocaine deff is a moral issue and being a moral person is one of the hof standards so he shouldn't be getting more votes than steroid users.
Ty Cobb was a racist. Cap Anson is credited with the unwritten rule of keeping blacks out of baseball. Babe Ruth was a womanizer. Lou Gehrig was an alcoholic. The HOF is littered with individuals that made decisions that could be considered morally reprehensible. They didn't use an illegal substance to give them an unfair advantage over other players. THAT'S my issue.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03