View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
A left handed hitting catcher would be nice. If Seattle is not re-signing Miguel Olivo, then I suppose that John Jaso will not be available. Too bad.
Right now, Hector Gimenez seems like he is in the running for backup catcher, and he's a switch hitter. I think his defense is good, but honestly, I'm not sure. I also saw that Brian Schneider is a FA. He's a lefty. Decent back in '03 - '04 range, but now is primarily a backup. Played for Phillie last year.

In all honesty, I'm excited to see what Flowers can do. I'm just so apprehensive about this team as a whole, my confidence in individuals gets blurred with my confidence in the team.

I keep going back and forth. I want to see some change because I am sick of seeing the same players reach the same results, but at the same time I just want the team to run out the big contracts we have, let aging veterans walk (fan favorites or not) while still remaining somewhat competitive, albeit probably not playoff worthy (yet hoping that the baseball gods smile upon us and grant us that lucky streak/lightning in a bottle/perfect timing thing) while we solidify the foundation of this club, i.e., strong young talent from the draft and international signings.

And I'd like to see some freakin' doubles this year!