View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I think that speaks more to the volatility of the baseball playoffs than anything else. It'd be one thing if the people talked up the Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz Braves as one of the greatest rotations ever and then they consistently finished 2nd in the division and out of the playoffs, but they had a 14-season run as division champs. That's unprecedented and, frankly, probably more indicative of actual talent. Real teams win out over 162 games, anyone can win a short series.

Oh, and Tim Lincecum sucked this year and was basically out of the Giants rotation by the time the playoffs came around. He started 1 game for San Francisco this postseason and was promptly shelled.
Is he done, mental now or what, Lincecum. People are saying he might do a Smoltz and go into the pen as a closer or something. I see your point, but outside of hockey there are no prizes for being the best team that fails to win the title . Rarely does the Presidents Trophy winner win the actual Stanley Cup. Lincecum pitched well out of the pen in the playoffs so he earned his ring I think.