View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
The problem is that in order to even be just as good as last year, you have to have bats that will replace their production from last year. The White Sox made matters worse than simply resigning AJ (who only took one year!). Now instead of regression from AJ, they're going from one end of the spectrum to the other, instituting a black hole in the lineup.

There are things we could do to improve the offense. I just get the sense that people are content. Which, I believe, is pretty ridiculous. We are going to need to pitch a lot of shutouts to stay competitive if this is our lineup.
No, I don't think people are content. Would I like the Sox to add another bat to replace the offense AJ provided? Sure. But by the same token, I'm not taking the woe is me defeatist attitude you have that this team is going to completely blow chunks because everything bad that can happen will, and there will be no individual improvements from any player on the roster. Again, if there are no more moves made, then I will reserve judgement of this team until they actually play the games.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03