Thread: Soxfest 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM
WSI Regular

BainesHOF- good stuff man.

I was there Friday night and also thought it was really busy for "hotel guests only". I wasn't staying there, but my ticket rep got me some passes. I was #129 in line for Konerko and it still took 2.5 hours to go through the line. I was pretty burnt by that experience, meeting Pauly was great, but the wait was just brutal. I did catch Sale and Flowers pretty quickly on Friday, so that was fun.

Saturday I decided that it just wasn't worth it to wait in line. My dad and cousin were in so we pretty much camped out and listened to all of the seminars. That was fun.

On Friday, there was a guy in front of me that had 3 MVP passes and one was for his 5 year old just so he could get 3 autos each time he was up there. I guess I don't understand having multiple autographs of the same player on assorted items unless you are selling it, which he assured me he doesn't. Any insight BainesHOF?

I am not a collector though, so maybe that is the draw. I relish the experience more than the product. I do like bobbles though.

I thought it was fun, well run for a Sox event. I never count on the Sox to run something right but this was pretty good. Kids seemed to be having a good time, and that is usually all that matters.

The garage sale is pretty hit or miss, in all 3 that I have been to the selection is poor but there is usually a couple of things that are worth it. $10 new fitted caps were a great deal.