View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Like I said before, if anyone says any different, their opinion isn't public knowledge. And scouts are pretty vocal people who talk to the media whenever they get a chance. Have you even met one before? Most have strong opinions and never shut up about them.

Look. Let's put it this way. Everyone's argument against me is semantics. There is nothing to challenge the notion that the opinion I've provided on Sale isn't as close to a rock solid expert opinion that you're going to find. Do something to prove that's not the case instead of making pointless arguments about semantics.
Yes, I have met scouts and a couple former GMs. Roland Hemond was a super nice guy, BTW. The fact that Chris Sale was drafted, at all, proves your theory that all scouts believe he will absolutely get hurt is incorrect. When you start with an impossible-to-prove absolute as an argument, you've lost already.

Had you argued, say, "I worry that Chris Sale's frame and delivery put him at great risk and many experts on the subject agree with me," your argument would be valid. But no, you always decide to go with grandiose absolute statements that undermine your argument immediately.

As far as the argument about Sale's health goes, I am not as concerned. I think that if he was going to have a major injury, the most likely year it would have occurred in was last season (his first pitching close to 200 innings). He didn't get hurt. That argument has nothing to do with semantics. It is based on reality. And I didn't overstate anything, undermining my point.