View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by central44 View Post
NOBODY is doing that. Everybody is acknowledging that on paper, the Tigers have a better team. But games aren't played on paper. The Sox have a tremendous advantage both defensively and in the bullpen, and that counts for something too. Tyler Flowers has never started at the MLB level, and there's a chance--maybe not a high one, but a chance--that he might perform well with consistent playing time. Dayan Viciedo is 22 years old. He *might* get better. Maybe he won't, but nobody--including you--has any way of knowing that. Hell, there's a chance he might have a breakout year and hit .280 with 40 HRs. I'm not saying i'm holding my breath on it. But it CAN happen. Did anyone think Jose Bautista was going to do that?

Its so aggravating to read this crap because nobody has a clue. All we can do is speculate, and even the "experts" are limited to educated guesses. So to come in here spewing nonsense about how the Sox have no chance and Sale is going to get hurt and overall we shouldn't even bother with this team...I mean, what can you even say to that? It's sad.

There are so many variables at play in each and every game, and when you project those out for a full season...there are tons of possibilities. You don't know anything, just like the experts don't know anything, just like I don't know anything, etc. We can guess, but that's it. But you present your guesses as absolute fact, and that pisses people off.

Finally--this was supposed to be a thread about White Sox trade possibilities. Wow.
Yes. I think Dayan and Sale have potentially high ceiling for their production this year, given their youth. Will be moving into peak seasons if not this year then soon. Andf Danks comes back near career norms... then 2013 Sox > 2012 by about 8-10 games. Dunn will be the big unknown and potentially drag the ship down if he does what he Dunn in the past. Also look for Quintana to improve upon his groundwork of 2012. Yes would love to get another bat like Melton/glove of Crede at 3rd, or Iguchi glove/Orta bat at 2nd but maybe Gordon will surprise. GO GO WHITE SOX