View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
Because Cap Anson, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, or anyone else you want to name until the mid 1980s didn't have access to high-tech anabolic steroids that Bonds et al did. Steroids and HGH are NOT the same thing as Speed or Greenies.

And yeah, MLB and Japan use slightly different sized balls. Our baseball hasn't changed since 1920, and whether it did even then is debatable.
The ball during the steroid era is nothing like the ball they used then. The ball has changed a lot over the years. The ball during the steroid era was wound so tight that they seams were indented.

Players today are still well built and they're still taking PED's, but they're not hitting 70 HR's a year anymore. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).