View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Do your friends run Major League Baseball teams? No? Then why the **** would anyone care what they value or don't? This is as silly as if I were to say, "well all my friends do read BP SO TAKE THAT." ****, every baseball game I go to I see thousands of people forking over $8+ for a ****ty Miller or Bud. None of that has anything to do with why we have this argument over BP EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. It's because they constantly undersell the Sox, people on the board take offense to it, and then make up all these ridiculous reasons why "OH, UH, BP ISN'T REALLY RELEVANT ANYWAYS" when nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not saying people have to like them, respect them, care about sabermetrics, or any of that ****. But to say that they don't hold a lot of water in the baseball community is tantamount to arguing with a physicist that that Isaac Newton guy doesn't really matter.
Don't get why are so adamant about everyone acknowledging the greatness of BP. You act like you have an interest in it or something. I don't care how many of it's writers get hired by MLB teams. WHO CARES? It's just another rag to me and others.