View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
The annual slop debate here.

I'll toss in my annual statement - if BP picked the Sox to win the division every year for the past 20 years, regardless of how ridiculously wrong they would be, at least several of the usual group of posters who dismiss their projections would think they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I feel this is evidenced by the immediate "no respect" attitude. It is far from a question of respect. In fact, respect has basically nothing to do with it.
I agree that respect has nothing to do with it, but aside from such curious remarks from a few, I think almost all those who criticize BP here do so with the understanding that it is nothing personal. On the contrary, I think most realize that being consistently wrong suggests at least a stubborness about their methodology that has nothing to do with who they think will actually win the AL Central.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell