View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102605 View Post
I think the Indians are a sleeper AL Central team. I would not be surprised if they beat the White Sox for 2nd place..
I think both the White Sox and Royals have better pitching than the Tribe. Ubaldo Jimenez, Justin Masterson, Bauer, Brett Myers, and Zack McCallister is the Indians rotation. There really isn't a true #1 in that rotation or even a #2 for that matter. Ubaldo has regressed mightily since his Rockies days and is not really an ace anymore. I don't see their "big 3" hanging with Verlander/Scherzer/Sanchez or Sale/Peavy/Danks or even Shields/Santana/Guthrie.

Also, as a previous poster pointed out, Swisher and Bourn are going to replace the lost production from the recently departed Choo, Sizemore, and Hafner. Will the Tribe be improved in 2013? Probably. However, I still have them penciled in at fourth place.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin