View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
I am not saying he didn't bring it on himself, or the extreme negativity doesn't sometimes warrant it, but good lord can this die? It is almost becoming straw man in the sense that instead of refuting a statement it just gets brought up that he was wrong about Derrick Rose and outside the personal vendetta is just kind of tired (not from you just in general).

I mean, we had poster's who called Gordon Beckham the next Derek Jeter, should that be brought up EVERY...SINGLE...TIME....THEY...POST...ANYTHING? It is just a big of a swing and miss statement as the Rose one.

Its obvious the offseason leads to debate on WSI, everything does. But when the debates and discussion turn into a pissing match over who was wrong in the past, it gets pointless.
It's a reminder of the perils of saying things as absolutes. So...no. I won't let it die. Saying it's an absolute the Tigers are the best team in baseball? The Tigers will win the division handily? I'm sorry, but I really have a hard time with people that do that. You want to state it as your opinion? Fine. But to state it as if it has already happened, and to do it with every single argument...nope. So if I find an example of how wrong that person is, especially when the person states in another thread he doesn't post opinions but cites experts, then...no. I will beat it to death.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03