View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Getting tired of this excuse. He has 762 PA's over three years. He wasn't rookie-eligible last year.

When Dunn was 23, he hit 27/57 with a relatively close line to Viciedo of .215/.354/.465 (granted worse BA and better OPB) with more total PAs that Viciedo has now.

Conversely, when Frank was 23, he hit 32/109 and .318/.443/.553 with a handful more PA's that Viciedo has now.

That he's 23 has only a little bearing on his past vs. future performance, and I still doubt we'll see him hitting for average, with quality at-bats, plate patience and fewer K's anytime soon.

I'd be happy with any improvement.
I don't think anyone here has claimed that Viciedo is the second coming of Frank Thomas, so to try to use him as a comparison to Thomas at 23 is a little disingenuous IMO. The fact is Viciedo has had one full MLB season under his belt, so it's really not fair to say that what we saw last season is all he is capable of. There is definitely room for improvement, and he may be capable.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03