Thread: New BP Caps
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
It sounds like you don't own any of these hats or have never worn them. The last three versions of the BP hat had a pre-molded curve to the bill. That's how they were sold at the stores brand new. This hat as pictured, and sold, has the bull**** flat brim that you can wear like Josh Fields and Edwin Jackson.

Its just my opinion of course, and anyone can disagree with me, but this style and design is inferior. I loved the last three BP hats with low profiles, curved bills and raised stitched logos.

Then again I'm shocked that MLB is selling mesh trucker caps and snapback hats. Just not a good look Imo.
I own several game caps and, like I said, have the 04-06 BP cap which looks like this one (and I think that was three caps ago). The previous BP caps were the 3930 which had a lower crown, and while the bill came more curved, it wasn't different design wise from the games caps, the 5950s. They always ship the 5950s with flat brims. However, the huge majority of fans and players have no problem curving the brims on the game caps. So you might not like the logo application on this cap (I don't) and you might not like the high crown, but the bill is going to be the same as the previous BP caps when you break it in.