View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
I'm not sure that's right. I don't think AJ sees all that many pitches. Yes, he does not strike out a lot, but that is in part because he doesn't see a lot of pitches, and he makes contact. The only guys on the team last year that saw less pitches per plate appearance than AJ were pitchers and Alexei. AJ saw 3.47 pitches per plate appearance, and the team average was 3.81. Flowers saw 4.20. Flowers will strike out more, no doubt, but he will probably see more pitches, and take more walks than AJ.
Yup, AJ had a great year last year, but a lot of what he did so great was kind of this mystical build up from Hawk Harrelson. Not saying I didn't love AJ, I did, but this idea he was this grindy tough doing all these little things guy, not all of it is really true.

I think when you factor in what Flowers brings defensively, it will balance itself out.

I am worried mostly about regression from our pitchers. I just don't think we can expect Santiago, Quintana, Jones etc. to all be BETTER than last year because I think some of them were throwing way over their heads.

This your typical White Sox style team. They could win 75 games and it would not really shock you, or they could win 86 games and it would not really shock you. They were 4th in the league in runs last year, but built a ton of that up during 2 crazy hot stretches, they had no consistency. Hopefully this year its more balanced.