View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Interesting move. Being a youngish left handed power threat, I'm sure Boesch won't have to wait long to find a job. Tigers must feel that Quintin Berry is ready to assume that lefty outfielder role. Berry's over the top antics are almost as annoying as Carlos Gomez. I sure am happy we get to see more of him. I thought Boesch was going to be a stud too when he was first called up. It shows you how hard sustained success in this league is. Makes you really appreciate what guys like Paulie have done in their careers over such a long period of time. Boesch is still young enough to figure it out though but he is entering that "now or never" Gordon Beckham-ish territory. It always seemed like Boesch came up with a big HR against the Sox when he played. 8 of his career 42 HRs came against us. I won't miss seeing him come up to the plate.
Boesch was a longshot to make the team to begin with, and Berry's one as well. The primary LF will be Andy Dirks. If he's hurt or stinks it up then look for Avisail Garcia or perhaps #1 prospect Nick Castellanos to get the at bats. I suspect Don Kelly and Jeff Kobernus along with Ramon Santiago will fill out the bench.