View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I agree , it's to bad these asinine pitch counts ,and the fact the US first 3 strings of players won't play ,make it nauseating to the casual US fan. If USA trotted out their best team it would be a shoo in to win most these classics. Shane Victorino ,Hosmer, Rollins, and Zobrist don't cut it.But the classic is doing what it was intended to do, grow the game in popularity in non-traditional and traditional markets.
I wouldn't say shoo-in. The DR could also bring a powerhouse team. Plus, other countries play their hearts out for this. Heart lifts a team to the next level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I don't understand willful ignorance in terms of ignoring facts about it. If some Fox affiliates reject the Champions League Final because of low ratings, why don't NBC affiliates do the same for the Stanley Cup Final? The former has had about twice as many viewers as the latter in the last two seasons.
Twice as many viewers? Are you comparing game vs game or game vs series? Game vs series is apples vs oranges. If it's CL Final vs Stanley Cup clincher, then I highly doubt it's twice as many viewers, or even more viewers at all. Please provide a link to back up your claim.