View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Any surprises for roster spots?
Not really a surprise after the trade but I really like what I've seen from Conor Gillaspie this Spring. He is pretty much a lock to make the roster as the backup corner infielder. Every game I've seen him in he has done something positive at the plate. The swing is very short and quick and he seems to be a gap hitter. This *could* be one of those "under the radar" moves we will talk about a few months from now. Gillaspie is a quality young player who had his path to the big leagues blocked by a Giants organization that had a lot of depth at the corners. Perhaps the Sox will be his chance to show he can play at this level.

On a more fun note, Conor's first MLB HR was an inside the park variety last season. Not too many players get their first HR by hauling their butt around the basepaths at top speed. Here is a link to see Conor's inside the park dinger:
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...f&vkey=news_sf
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin