Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I dont know about land available but public transportation is not as convenient as it is now but not ridiculous. Many are thinking that only an urban ballpark can survive here, suburban parks survive elsewhere and I see no reason why they couldn't here.
Public transportation would be difficult at that site, as the Blue Line is over a mile away and the roads in between are far from pedestrian-friendly, and while the Metra stop is closer, Metra is a commuter rail line not suited to heavier use that a ballpark would entail.

And while suburban parks can survive, you need a lot of land for parking lots. I believe someone else in the thread mentioned that Miller Park sits on a couple hundred acres. If the vast majority of your fans are driving from other suburbs, those cars have to go somewhere. And there's a good reason why nearly every ballpark built in the last 25 years has been in a city center or close to it, away from the former suburban locations of parks built in the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.