View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Benching Beckham would seem to doom him to that fate for good. I'd rather see if he can be the player he was, and if not move on next offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
The Sox will have a tough decision to make if Keppinger can't play 3B and Gillaspie immediately starts raking the ball. Keppinger was signed for 3 years at a decent salary and I don't see him being used as a bench player. Not for the years and dollars they have invested in him. Beckham has always been viewed as a starter by the organization but it will be interesting to see if they stick with him if he starts off slow again. The team might have options now at 2B and patience can probably only go so far especially if the team finds itself battling it out with Detroit for the division again. Robin keeps saying that Keppinger will be ready to go on Opening Day so if that is the case, I expect to see him out there at 3B, Beckham at 2B, and Gillaspie on the bench. However, I'm sure Robin will get Conor some playing time considering how light we are in the left handed hitting dept this year.
I love Gordon, but he has to be on a short leash right now. He needs to start demonstrating he can hit the ball with consistency or we need to start looking at other options. I will say that I thought towards the end of the year he was hitting the ball with more authority and using all fields more, though the results were not necessarily there.

Go Sox!!!