View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I am just saying usually on Opening Day they have someone with some sort of deep White Sox or Chicago connection throwing out the first pitch. There are hundreds of people that have as much White Sox connection.
Bo's White Sox career was marked more by special moments than gaudy numbers. He had his hip reconstructed and made it all the way back to play pro baseball again when most doctors told him he was done, so just putting that White Sox uniform on was an accomplishment. During his rehab, his mother passed away and he promised that he would hit a HR for her when he made it back. Bo made good on his word and blasted a HR on Opening Day for his mom. Bo's best White Sox moment came in the 1993 AL West clincher game when he hit a towering rainbow home run at New Comiskey sending the crowd into a frenzy. I still remember the classic Sun Times headline the next day: "The Crowing Bo-ment". Hitting a HR to clinch a division title gives him pretty good ties to the organization, no?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin