Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
If I gave that impression I apologize. I enjoyed living in the city of Chicago. As for the rest of your post I hear you loud and clear, I am just a major contrarian on this I guess. I see Wrigley as a prison for the Cubs, albeit a gilded one. As a Sox fan, I hope they keep floundering.
And as a Sox fan, I hope they leave the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
The only way to really save the ballpark would be to completely renovate the lower and upper deck grandstands. That would include a new supporting infrastructure and base. It can be done, but at what cost? With the exception of the bleachers and lower box sections, it would be a complete rebuild in the same footprint. Add the fact that it's not very easy to get heavy machinery in/out of Wrigleyville, it would be a very long process.
To sum things up, the Ricketts completely overpaid for the team. As Lip just said, they don't have the cash to pay for what would be, as you say, a very expensive and difficult renovation themselves. Problem is, the state has neither the money to help with a renovation nor to build a park in the suburbs. How this plays out from here I have no idea.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.