View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I think the Sox need to relook at their outsourcing of their concessions. Even when its not crowded it takes too damn long to get food. Too many people standing around and never a sense of urgency. I ordered a turkey sandwich at the carvery station down the right field line and had to wait ten minutes once they took my order. They must have had to kill the turkey first. Sure seemed to be enough bodies back there - just not enough organization or a sense of urgency. I have been to at least 15 other MLB parks and our service times are the slowest and least efficient. Even on a normal game day (20,000 fans) you should not have to lose a full inning to get food.
I filled out the most recent online fan survey a couple of weeks ago and said the same thing in the comments section. Friendliness or lack thereof isn't a problem at the concession stands, just the lack of efficiency. The one stand that's I've found that's run well is the premium beer stand in the lower deck left-field corner. They have a large menu of beers but they're bang-bang fast in taking orders, pouring beers (often two at a time), making change and moving on. I don't get why the other windows and booths can't operate the same way. Maybe they need a consultant from McDonald's to show them how to manage a fast-food operation.