View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
The Sox are not favored to be good. They won 85 games last year. They aren't many (or any that I can find) that predict them to even do that well this year.

Between Robin outright talking about walking away and the chances of being fired, I don't see why you're attacking me.

Managers dealt bad hands get fired every year. Managers get fired in year two all the time.

I thought this was Robin's last year. Am I wrong on this?

The Tigers are a once in a generation type of team. They have the best pitcher in baseball, the best hitter in baseball, and the best left handed hitter in baseball. They've got one of the three best 1-5 rotations in baseball (probably the best). You can think that's not true all you want, but there are plenty more people that do see it that way. Baseball people, mostly. Yeah, they might be wrong. But are they wrong enough for Leyland to get fired? That's a phenomenal stretch on your part. I'm not taking that bet.

I don't see what our records in previous years have to do with the 2013 Tigers.

There is zero reason I should be attacked for predicting, and this is a prediction COMPETITION thread, that a manager in Robin's position could go first. And it's even more laughable when there's evidence of actual ridiculousness afoot.

edit: I'm really tired of hearing the agenda angle, and OH if it were another poster...bull****. Whether its a sox thread or a bulls thread or whatever, any negativity from any poster is being met with such outright homer-ism lately its childish. Learn to discuss instead of attack. The problem isn't the negative ideas. It's the way you're incapable of processing them.