View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
Yes, you've said this before, but you haven't explained why the Sox's predicted struggles would be sufficient to get Robin Ventura fired or cause him to resign. Nothing I've seen from Robin suggests he's about to walk away from managing the Sox.
If you want to ignore his statement after not renewing, that's fine. But don't act like there's no reason to suggest it.

Quote:
No one is attacking you, as doublem23 already pointed out. I am attacking your position, which is an entirely different issue than an attack against you.
What the **** is wrong with you? What the **** is wrong with you?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that something was wrong with you. It's just that those are what those words mean. You know, in the literal sense.

Quote:
What does that have to do with Robin's status as manager of the Chicago White Sox?
What does managers consistently being fired before their third season have to do with any second year manager? EVERYTHING

Quote:
An article published by Yahoo Sports specifically states that Ventura was offered a one-year contract extension by Rick Hahn that would have kept him under contract until 2015. Ventura's reason for turning down the extension was he wanted to prove that he was "still the right guy" for the job by the time his contract was up, rather than agreeing to an extension he didn't believe he'd earned.
Right. Which means he isn't sure...

Quote:
Prince Fielder is not the best left-handed hitter in baseball. That honor belongs to someone who plays on the West Coast. Why are you anointing the Tigers as the 2013 World Champions when the season is three days old? It seems to me that they had the best hitter, pitcher, and fat man in baseball last season, and they didn't win a damn thing!
You'd have really hard time arguing for anyone else if you look at the last five years. Not that you couldn't. But most arguments on it end with Fielder.

Quote:
Did I miss their World Series victory? I thought the Giants won the World Series. Am I wrong?
How are the Giants going to cause the Tigers to fail in the regular season and get Leyland fired?

Quote:
The Sox previous won-loss records have nothing to do with 2013 Tigers.
When did I imply they did? Unless you mean that our previous production has no bearing on projections for this year. If that's your position, fine. But don't knock empirical evidence as a type of evidence just because you don't' believe in it. You are welcome to disagree with it.

Quote:
Evidence? What evidence? Show me this supposed evidence!
That the average MLB manager doesn't last three years? That we're coming off a flop of a September? That Robin himself openly questioned whether he was right for the job?

I don't have time for this. You aren't looking at evidence. You're running an inquisition.

Quote:
You'll forgive me if I can't stop from laughing at this part. You don't like people accusing you of having an agenda? Stop posting nonsense that's not supported by facts. If you stick to posting material that can be supported with news articles and other reliable information, no one will find fault with you or your position on a particular issue. I certainly won't, even if I don't necessarily like what you've chosen to share.

I'll limit what I say here because I'm not a moderator, but I would suggest you re-read the first and third lines of this passage.
What the **** is wrong with you? What the **** is wrong with you?

I've provided more than enough reasoning for my opinion. In a competition thread where I'm making a guess. What you're doing is trolling. I'm not a mod, but I suggest you reread what you wrote and realize your own god damn agenda.

Last edited by blandman; 04-04-2013 at 05:11 PM.