Thread: 42
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
First of all, you have no idea who I am, what I've read, and what movies I've seen. Second, it's been stated REPEATEDLY here that there were better players in the Negro Leagues than Jackie Robinson. You seem to keep missing that point. Third, you said he snubbed his nose to other black players. Prove it. Post a link to back it up. This interview given by Don Newcombe sure doesn't sound like someone treated badly by Jackie. But yeah, I'm sure you'll just blow it off as someone not wanting to stir controversy. But until you provide proof to back up your assertions, nothing you say will have merit.

Last but not least...there is a museum dedicated to the players from the Negro Leagues. They may not have played in the Majors, but they have not been forgotten. And if this particular movie gets someone to learn about the Negro Leagues, then it is a success.
The museum was made in 1990, years after many Negro leaguers had died. I don't have links for this but Negro Leaguers were pretty upset they had to wait so many years to finally get a museum. As for providing proof on why Negro Leaguers felt slighted by Robinson, I'll admit on searches, I find nothing but read a few more books on the Negro leagues. I'm not trying to get into a argument with you but I know what i've read and I have no reason to believe it's not true. Maybe read a book on Josh Gibson, I really can't recall which book it was where I learned all this but I know it was in more than one book.