View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo View Post
It is not as simple as that. Hitting with RISP is just one aspect. This team can't draw a walk. It's pathetic when a player has more walks individually than an entire team. And even more pathetic that as a team they are 10 walks behind the next closest team to them. The approach so far seems to be home run or nothing. Dunn talked in the offseason about how much more aggressive he was going to be earlier in counts this season and he has been atrocious at the plate this year. That could change, and guys could start drawing walks and hitting to the opposite field and driving runners in and playing baseball the way it should be played but as of now I don't see that happening.

And as far as Robin goes, while he did a great job last season this team is showing the same approach to fundamentals that we saw when Ozzie was here. Which makes one wonder what the hell happened in ST this year. And fans are going to wonder if his heart is really into managing this team considering he never considered managing until someone in the organization reached out to him and his refusal to accept a contract extension. He either doesn't want to manage or doesn't want to be here because he knows how dire of a situation the organization is in.
You are 100% correct on your assessment of the offense but I am not ready to give up on them on April 16th. Of all the teams problems, the offense is the biggest. However, I think a team can still potentially contend with a sometimes problematic offense.