View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopaLoop View Post
Two weeks in and the Sox are fundamentally flawed in 2013 and it's Ventura's fault?

Got it.
Yeah, it is too early to say that the Sox are fundamentally flawed. On the bright side, they have managed to go 6-8 even though: (a) they have not played well, (b) they have not hit well and (c) the starting pitching has been spotty. Their record could be a lot worse.

The Sox do need shoring up, though, and help may be on the way. John Danks' last rehab start went well and he may be in Chicago soon. I started this thread with the thought that the Dodgers may want to move Ted Lilly soon and the Sox may be a potential suitor.

Let me throw out another player who may soon be on the trade market: Brian McCann. Rookie catcher Evan Gattis has been terrific for the Braves. Gattis is playing every day and hitting clean up on a team that is 12-1. I can't imagine that the Braves want to take Gattis out of the lineup.

In the Braves' 6-3 win over K.C. tonight, lefty reliever Luis Avilan was carted off the field with hamstring injury. Lefty Jonny Venters has been on the DL with an elbow injury.

Could a Matt Thornton for Brian McCann deal be in the works?