View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
Good to hang out at the game with tebman, son of tebman and JB98. Aside from that, and a decent game from Floyd, pretty much a boring, uneventlful loss. This offense is awful while the defense has mostly been awful. Besides his homer, Dunn continued to be completely worthless. When Lindstrom walked the leadoff guy in the 7th, it felt like it was going to be over from that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebman View Post
The single redeeming feature of being at this tedious game was enjoying good conversation and laughs with tstrike2000 and JB98. Fortunately, son-of-tebman kept me from doing anything rash as we saw the Sox sleepwalk through the game.

I don't know...maybe this team is better suited for lawn darts. That's something that might be a better match with their temperment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Good to spend the afternoon at the ballpark with you guys, despite the uninspired performance by the home team.

One additional comment about the game that hasn't been mentioned yet: I'm a little bit concerned about Donnie Veal. Yeah, it's early, but left-handed hitters have a .500 OBP against him. His role on this team is to come in and get lefties out in tight situations. From our vantage point, it didn't seem like any of the four pitches he threw to Mauer were anywhere close.

Veal's inability to retire Mauer obviously extended the inning, and then Crain served up a first-pitch meatball to Willingham. I think we can all agree the game was over the second the ball left Willingham's bat. The way the Sox are playing right now, a three-run deficit in the seventh is insurmountable. Too many holes in that lineup.

This team really misses Beckham defensively, too.
I missed all of you! I was really bummed that I couldn't go to the game today, despite the outcome. Hopefully, you didn't have too much fun without me.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12