View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
Hawk said the exact same thing during last night's broadcast and he's right. The piss poor defense we've been seeing, especially as of late, is really uncharacteristic of the Sox team we've known over the last couple years. If your offense is still in its winter coma, the defense needs to be alert, but it's not, thus leading to all these gift-wrapped games given to the opposition.

As for Dunn, he's epic bad and is making his 2011 batting average of .158 look stellar compared to the .106 or whatever the hell it is he's batting now. At least he was taking walks two years ago. The only walks he's taking now are back to the bench as soon as he strikes out or grounds out to the right side of the infield. YUCK!!!!

Even with all that said, this is baseball and I love it too much to quit going to games. I'm excited to be heading down to the ballpark on Sunday. The weather is supposed to cooperate (sunny and 68) and I'm looking very forward to an afternoon at the ballpark.
And it's been documented that he is now swinging at around 48% of first pitches. Here is the article on Fangraphs that's worth a look: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/adam-...ed-experiment/

I also love going to games and so does my son so we plan on going to most of the Sunday Family days!