View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Viciedo was hitting .229, and is still first on the team in K% (30+ AB), at 33.3% (Dunn is 33.1%), so he's not going to come in and save our offense, lets get real.
Didn't say Viciedo would save the offense. I just said that he would help and I can't see how he wouldn't help this mess. And with the weather warming up, I think Viciedo will hit a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
What's worse is we're pretty much stuck with these guys, with Floyd out for the season +, Danks on rehab, Peavy nursing the back, Konerko's slump and Rios being our only relaible bat, who can we really deal for a good young hitter? Everyone would want Sale, and he's the guy we can least afford to deal.
I don't see the Sox dealing Sale or any of their other young pitchers such as Reed, Quintana, Santiago or Danks. The Sox will ride this out, I imagine. And if things don't improve by mid-year, the Sox will try to improve in the draft, make some deadline deals moving veterans such as Konerko and make moves in the offseason. The Sox may also call up some youngsters such as Josh Phegley and Erik Johnson later in the year.