View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I think this is a load of garbage the Ricketts are trying to sell. The Cubs had one of the best teams in baseball in 2007 and 2008 and a recent Forbes report named them the most profitable team in the Majors last season. There is no doubt in my mind they can field a competitive club under many of the current conditions simply expected of a good neighbor. Many of these proposals are simply rooted in greed, which I get. They're trying to maximize their profits and that's perfectly acceptable, but it's also acceptable for the residents of this neighborhood to voice our concerns about this proposal. The Ricketts know that a strong and vibrant Lakeview is every bit as important to the Cubs success as the renovations in Wrigley Field itself; this neighborhood's character is as much of a draw as the park is. There's a reason they're not biting at the acres of free land Rosemont is willing to give them, because they're ultimately better off here. But that means a shared commitment to preserving this neighborhood.

If anyone thinks Wrigleyville only needs the Cubs and not the other way around, you're not seeing the whole picture.
I think the Landscape has changed since they're no longer owned by Chicago's largest media outfit. And it's a change more rapid than you're giving Cub's fans credit for.