View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickAllen72 View Post
During tonight's telecast, they mentioned that the Sox now lead the league in passed balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
After the passed ball cost the Sox the go-ahead run tonight, I came up with a great idea for a promotion: Tyler Flowers Bobblehands Doll Night. Maybe I'll email Brooks.

Flowers is Chris Snopek in catcher's gear. This reminds me of 1998 when the organization tried to dupe us fans into believing Snopek would be an adequate replacement for Robin Ventura. Nonsense. Now, the organization is trying to tell us Flowers is an adequate replacement for A.J. Pierzynski. Nonsense. Flowers is a marginal player, a career backup at best. He does not excel in any aspect of the game. End of story. He's only getting an opportunity because he's cheap and happened to be hanging around. He's done nothing to earn an everyday job.

It's time for Robin to make some changes. Start with dropping Dunn down in the batting order. I know they won't bench him, but can we at least reduce the number of ABs he gets by batting him eighth? Move Tank up. He can swing the bat.

When Beckham comes back, Keppinger plays 3B against left-handed pitching only. Otherwise, he rides the pine. I know Beckham isn't a good hitter, but look at how badly the infield defense is suffering without him. Keppinger stinks at 2B. Greene had an atrocious night in the field this evening.

And why the hell isn't Konerko playing 1B? I realize neither Konerko nor Dunn have any range, but Paulie is simply a better defender. He doesn't embarrass himself over there around the bag like Dunn does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
That throw from Greene killed us, game should still be going on.
It was very lackadaisical. We need Beckham back ASAP.
I can't believe what a bad defensive team this is right now.

Adam Dunn if he was any kind of a man would either retire or give back at least half the money on his contract, man is a disgrace.
He deserved all the boos he heard last night.

Hate to say it but Paulie might be just about finished.

The Tank hit the ball hard last night, might be time to groom him for first base.

Flowers was going to be this great defensive catcher, not happening. I thought with regular playing time he would become a decent hitter, not going to happen. Another Sox minor league product flopping.
I had a degree of hope for Flowers going into the season. But Flowers can't hit and can't catch, other than that...

IIRC a couple of Flowers passed balls have been very costly too.

This Sox team consistently produces just enough to lose.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello