Thread: Silver Linings
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Danks will provide needed depth and innings in the rotation. This allows significant flexibility (6-man rotation, skipping starts, future double headers, long relief help, etc.).
I have always thought that Axelrod is a classic swingman -- a pitcher who makes an occasional start but who is really best suited to be a long man in the bullpen. I hope that the Sox go with Sale, Peavy, Danks, Quintana and Santiago as their rotation going forward.

Danks, Santiago, Sale and Quintana would give the Sox four lefties in the rotation but in the AL Central (with the good lefty hitting in the division), that's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Beckham will improve the infield defense, which will help the pitchers. Robin will be able to use Keppinger more as a super-sub and pinch hitter, strengthening the bench.
I agree. The silver lining in Beckham's injury is the fact that Sox started playing Gillaspie every day. The Sox are stronger with Gillaspie at 3B, Beckham at 2B and Keppinger as a super sub filling in at 3B, 2B,1B and DH.