View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:59 PM
WSI Regular

I think I remember seeing some Red jackets on the racks in the corner with the other red jerseys.

Maybe it's because I've been going to the garage sale since 2003, but I don't really spend a lot at them anymore. I just bought an Uribe bat for $100 and got a Peavy bobblehead for $15, a couple media guides and a couple car flags for $1 each. I rip the flag off the car post to fly in the garden. My brother bought a hat and the Mark Salas "Chief" bobblehead for $5, which I thought was pretty cool looking.

I'd really love to get a Konerko bat, but couldn't convince myself to pay $400. I was shocked a Fukudome bat had a $125 price tag on it. I was glad I bought a Rios bat for $50 last year and was surprised they were still selling them at that price. I thought they'd at least double it this year.

Overall the prices were fair and they had plenty of bobbleheads and $1 items. I was also surprised to see a few autographed hockey pucks in the baseball box. You never know what you'll find I guess.

And I saw the buyer of one of those $200 World Series murals in the parking lot trying to tie it to his car. We went back in the sale after our field day session (which was way more crowded than last year) and the murals were back in the Patio with a couple "hold" stickers on them. Guess the buyers needed a bigger car to get them home.